- A blog is normally a single page of entries. There may be archives of older entries, but the "main page" of a blog is all anyone really cares about.
- A blog is organized in reverse-chronological order, from most recent entry to least recent.
- A blog is typically public, meaning the whole world can see it and access it.
- The entries in a blog usually come from a single author.
- The entries in a blog are usually stream-of-consciousness. There is no particular order to them. For example, if I see a good link, I can throw it in my blog. The tools that most bloggers use make it incredibly easy to add entries to a blog any time they feel like it. (Brain, 2014).
You can use comments, forums, or even customized forms to collect feedback, survey data, or ask anyone you’d like to give input or ideas on the blog.
I for one am all for the use of a blog in the classroom!
I invite you to view this video on YouTube on how to set up and create a free blog on EduBlog.com, a popular blog hosting site for educators.
Now that I have given you a brief overview of what a blog is and how it can be beneficial in the classroom and after you have watched the tutorial above on YouTube I am tasking you with the following:
Create a 1-page blog using EduBlog.com about why you think education is important and use a minimum of 2 online credible references to support your opinions.
1. In this blog I want you to use any other background color but white
2. Use 1 Picture In Your Blog
3. Add a link to one of your online sources (in addition to citing the reference)
4. Your blog information should be a minimum of 2 paragraphs.
5. Give at least 5 reasons you feel an education is beneficial. Provide answers with critical thought.
If you have any questions or need any help with this assignment, contact me at least 3 days before the assignment due date by emailing me directly at: email@example.com or call me during my office hours (Listed in your course syllabus) 1-773-555-5555.
Thank you all and good luck!